With mobile devices accounting for about 53% of paid search clicks, and 97% of smartphone owners using text messaging, it’s a no-brainer that your business should be using Google’s AdWords Click to Text Message Extension.
There are many benefits of using the click to text ad extension in Google AdWords including:
- Immediate communication
- No barriers for consumers to engage
- Leads to more in-depth conversations
- Cost reduction
If you don’t know what it is or how to use it, keep reading. I will show you how to setup the Google click to text message extension and ways to be successful.
It’s assumed you are already using Google AdWords to generate website traffic and sales. You may even be using the ad call extension to allow customers to call your business directly. So, the next step would be to allow customers to text message you as another way to increase engagement.
Let’s go over how to set it up.
How to Setup Google AdWords Click to Text message Extensions
First, login to your Google AdWords account and select the campaign you want to add the click to text extension to.
Next, you will create your ad extension by clicking on the “Ad Extensions” tab. Then, click on “+ Extension”
Next, click on “+ New message extension” and enter your business information. Then click “Save”.
The click to text extension is now setup. Once your extension is approved by Google, your ad extension will start showing in your ads. It will look something like this:
How to Successfully Use Google AdWords Click to Text message Extensions
Setting up the click to text ad extension is only one part of the process. In order for your text ads to work efficiently and effectively, keep these things in mind:
- Responding to text messages: have an automated system in place to automatically respond to simple questions or requests like business hours.
- Cross-channel communication: Text message inquiries may turn into more in-depth phone or email conversations. Be sure your support team is ready to handle cross-channel communication when customers want to either call you or email you with more details.
- Respond quickly: Make sure your support team is equipped with the necessary resources to respond quickly as customers are expecting it. Many companies utilize a software to manage business text messaging. Having a software to handle text communications is extremely crucial from an organization and efficiency prospective as it allows businesses to automate certain tasks and keep track of past communications to analyze performance.
What results have businesses seen with Google’s click to text message extensions? Source
Travelpassgroup: The conversion rate on message extensions is 41% higher compared to other ad extensions. - Gabe Thayn, Director of Search Marketing, TravelPASS Group
Auto General: The results from click-to-message have been phenomenal and we've seen a 80% higher conversion rate when compared to other similar channels. - Gavin Parker, Paid Search Manager, Auto & General
Anyvan: Click-to-message is a useful tool that allows consumers to engage with our business in a way that’s comfortable and efficient for them. - Gavin Chan, Digital Marketing Manager, AnyVan
It’s not surprising that these and many other businesses are seeing success with Google’s click to text ad extensions due to the simplicity and low barrier to communicate between you and your customers. Why not try it out for yourself?
Try running a test campaign with the click to text ad extension and compare the results against campaigns without it. You just might be surprised how many people love texting!
Want to see how Zingle can improve your customer service experience? Request a personalized demo today.